Warranty & Care
Watch need repairing?
Please send your Rip Curl watch to the above address for repairs. Ensure the item is packaged so it will not get damaged in transit. Include your name, address, contact number and email address as well as a brief description of what the issue is. Please include a copy of your receipt or proof of purchase if your item is within the warranty. If your item is not covered by warranty we will issue you with a no obligation quote via email following assessment.
Our warranties only apply to watches purchased from authorised Rip Curl retailers (with purchase receipt from an authorised retailer). Without limitation to this, our warranties do not apply to products purchased from non-authorised online retailers, on Ebay or similar auction sites as we have no certainty as to where such products are sourced and how they have been treated.
- Five Years on Movements from the date of purchase. A Movement is the part inside the Watch that makes it work, but it does not include the Crown, sometimes called the Winder. 1 year for Outlet Store purchase.
- Two Years on Water resistance from the date of purchase (1 year for Outlet Store purchases). We recommend all Watches be serviced, resealed, and tested for water resistance every 2 years, as heat, salt, and other elements will diminish water resistance over time. Have this done at the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre and we will then issue a new warranty for another 12 months. (Cost for the service and resealing to be provided upon request.)
- 1 Year on battery. 3 months for Outlet Store purchases.
Battery Replacement. Rip Curl’s watch warranty service centre can replace all batteries and at the same time will reseal and test the watch functions and water resistance. We will then issue a new one year warranty on the new battery, water resistance and workmanship. Cost for battery changing will be given upon request.
Not covered by warranty:
- Dials / Hands
- Crown / Stem
The warranty is void if the watch is opened by anyone other than a Rip Curl Service Centre.
Also not covered is damage caused by general wear and tear or any accidental damage. All warranty claims MUST be sent with a purchase receipt clearly showing the purchase date.
The warranty book is not proof of purchase without a purchase receipt. eg. a purchase receipt is the cash register receipt or your credit card statement. Rip Curl reserves the right to repair or replace, with an equivalent style, any warranty watch.
- 100M / 330ft - Suitable for Water Sports. eg. Surfing, Snorkelling, Swimming, Water Skiing.
- 200M / 660ft - Suitable for Water Sports. eg. Surfing, Snorkelling, Swimming, Water Skiing, Scuba Diving to standard legal depths.
Rip Curl watches are tested to the highest industry standards with the best Swiss pressure testing equipment and are purpose built for Surfing.
All Industry Standards watch testing is done to an overpressure situation in a static laboratory environment and does not signify a diving depth. See recommended usage table.
Due to the fact that Surfing is in no way a static sport there are influences that can effect a watches ability to keep water out. eg: Frequent temperature changes, salt water and big wipeouts can diminish the longevity of the watches rubber seals.
To keep your watch in peak condition for Surfing we recommend every 24 months you have your watch seals replaced and fully tested at the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre. RIP CURL PTY. LTD. assumes no responsibility for any loss, or any claims by third parties that may arise through the use of this watch.
- Only use your watch for approved sports as detailed above.
- Do not operate buttons under water.
- If watch is exposed to salt water, rinse thoroughly in freshwater and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not clean watch with spray cleaners, thinners or other such volatile agents.
- Do not wear leather bands in water, unless your watch features Surf Leather.
- Never try to open the watch. Have batteries changed by Rip Curl technicians only.
- Avoid exposing your watch to extreme temperatures.
- Should moisture appear inside the watch, have it checked by Rip Curl technicians.
- Though Rip Curl watches are produced to high standards avoid dropping the watch and rough treatment.
- Avoid exposing the watch to gasoline, cleaning solvents, aerosol sprays, paint etc as chemical reactions with such agents will destroy seals, case and finish.
- Avoid magnetic fields as they may effect the time keeping of your watch.
Thank your choosing Rip Curl. Your new Rip Curl watch has been designed and built to the highest quality and durability standards.
Our warranties only apply to Wetsuits purchased from authorised Rip Curl retailers (with purchase receipt from an authorised retailer). Without limitation to this, our warranties do not apply to products purchased from non-authorised online retailers, on Ebay or similar auction sites as we have no certainty as to where such products are sourced and how they have been treated.
- 3 year warranty on all stitching - In the case of the stitching breaking, Rip Curl will repair the suit.
- 12 month warranty on materials - this included neoprene, knee-pads, liquid tape and zips
Not covered by warranty:
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Use in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instruction provided with this product.
- This product when classified as being second-hand or it is being sold as a product with existing defects.
- Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
- Wetsuits repaired by other repair service.
- Surf Factory School or commercially used wetsuits.
- Sample or second-hand wetsuits.
Wetsuits purchased at outlet stores come with a 6 month warranty on materials and 1 year on stitching.
To ensure you're covered by the best guarantee in the business, please make sure you keep your proof of purchase in a safe place.
To have your wetsuit repaired or assessed:
- Please send it registered post to Rip Curl Wetsuit Repairs, 101 Surfcoast Hwy, Torquay, VIC 3228 or go back to your local Rip Curl dealer, they'll send your suit to a Rip Curl service centre
- Include all of your contact details, importantly both phone and email address.
- A brief description about what you would like looked at, you may want to put some tape on the area(s) in question
- A copy of the proof of purchase and any previous job numbers if its been repaired before.
- When returning a wetsuit, please pack appropriately to prevent damage. Returning in the initial delivery box is the best option - don't scrunch it up, roll it up if you have to!
- Your wetsuit will be returned to you as quickly as possible free of charge (if covered under warranty).
1 Year from date of purchase on manufacturing defects
Bags, wallets and travel accessories are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from original date of purchase when used under normal conditions and for the purpose intended. This warranty does not apply to damage caused by normal wear and tear, or unreasonable use or neglect. Please keep your receipt, as proof of purchase is required.
Warranties vary between suppliers, please contact us should have any question on Hello@barrells.com.au, on manufacturing defects
Note that sunglasses warranty is void if the sunglasses have been tampered with or repaired by anyone other than the supplier approved Service Centre.
What's not covered: Scratched lenses, accidental damage, general wear and tear, and lost or stolen sunglasses.
All warranties are void from accidental damage or wear and tear.
- The suppliers offer a 3 month warranty for manufacturing faults, only if receipt provided and depending on product condition. This may vary between supplier, and suppliers reverse the right change there policy, with out notice.
We accept return or exchange on swimwear (purchased online only) when the returned product meets our returns policy and the below requirements.
- Product is unworn
- Hygiene sticker remains intact
- All swing tags are attached to garment
- Hand wash separately in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Drip dry in the shade.
- Rinse thoroughly after use.
- Do not wring, soak or bleach the garment.
- Do not leave rolled up wet.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Be careful wearing your bikini in chlorinated water as it will damage your bikini. Ensure you rinse thoroughly after use.
- Fake tanning products and some sunscreen lotions may damage swimwear. Take extra care in the application of these products & always ensure they completely dry before they come in contact with your swimsuit.
- In order to remove trapped sand, gently run your fingernail over the dried swimwear fabric.
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces as this may cause some pilling to the swimwear fabric.